First we painted the pieces. The girls really enjoyed this part…as evidenced by all the paint on the paper as well as the pieces!
This is one of the finished blocks. I used this great ribbon with fuzzy fringe to go around the tops and sides. I found the wooden word at Hobby Lobby as well as the foam spider and broom. The broom was in the dollhouse accessory section and I just used black stickles to cover the broom handle. The cat was cut with my Cricut and stuck into the styrofoam with pins through the feet. I put some stickles on the body of the spider. The Witch's hat is from my Cricut as well.
This is the other block. The ghost was cut from my Cricut and again I used a pin to stick it into the block. The Skeleton was a sweet find at Hobby Lobby. I know he's missing an arm but he was the only one and I really wanted him, they gave him to me for 1/2 off!! So now I say he did from massive bleeding when his arm was torn off! =) His back was nice and flat so I just glued him to the block!
Here is the house! I used packing tape to make the windows and I will put a little battery operated tea light in it for a little spook effect! There is a ghost inside as well as coming out of the chimney (again used a pin). I attached the first two pieces of fence to the house with glue, the other pieces on the right are all attached with wire ( a brilliant idea from my friend Alicia). Plus I distressed them with some Distressing ink and then took a hammer to each piece! The little pumpkins are from the dollhouse accessories section and the tree is a 3D tree from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I added stickles to the spiders too!
A shot of the whole scene.
A close up of the house
Close up of the fence and tree
I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project. It was so much fun to imagine and put together!
Thanks for visiting!