Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Challenge at Fave Things!!!

*** I tried to have this post go live early this morning but blogger was giving me fits, sorry for the delay!***

So this new challenge is about our favorite piece of art. I debated on this one for a while, my favorite piece of art has very personal connotations for me and I debated on whether or not I wanted to go there or even if I could. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it justice as it is a very colorful piece of art. I thought about doing some artwork from my children, I love their art, they are so talented but I decided to give the art piece a try and scrap something very meaningful to me.

The piece I chose is "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt. I first saw this piece in the movie Dying Young with Julia Roberts. I felt an immediate connection to it that I couldn't really articulate. It introduced me to more of his work, some I like, others not so much but "The Kiss" will always have meaning for me.

As for the LO, I did a lot of layering on it. I'm usually afraid of layering but once I started I couldn't stop! You may also notice the one 's' is a different color from the other letters. I'm sure all you scrappers can relate to not having the right amount of letters in your stash when you need them, well this is what happened to me! I thought I was pretty clever in splitting the one chipboard 's' I had into two and then spraying the one with the same color glimmer mist as the flourish on top. What I didn't think of doing was the same thing to all the letters! ARG!! Oh well, live and learn! Overall I am pretty pleased with the outcome and think I was able to do the piece some justice. I'd love to hear what you think of it!
Here is the LO:
Thanks for visiting!
Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. wooooooooooow!!! i love klimt art!!! and your work is amazing!!!!!!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete