Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And so it begins...

I finally made it to Michaels today to get the supplies I needed to make the plaques for my daughters as well as decoupage the music/jewelry box for my youngest. As I sat down tonight to plan it out I realized the plaques really should be painted first! So back to Michaels I will go in the morning.

I have also finally made the Advent Calendar activity tags. About 3 years ago I made an Advent Calendar from a design I saw in a magazine. The first year I didn't really know what to do with it so it just served as decoration. But then I got the idea to make tags that described a fun activity or charitable act for each day of the month of December. So for the last 2 Christmas' we've done things like "family movie night", "gather toys for shelter pets", "go to the library", etc. The girls really enjoy it and it's a way to spend our time during this season with each other instead of running around and missing the whole point! This year coming up with activities was a bit more challenging since they are both in school every day but I managed and some of the stuff is really awesome and some is cheap! Either way it gets us doing things together and that is always a good thing!



The supplies!



A few of the Advent Calendar tags

No comments:

Post a Comment